Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Guilt Free Baking by Gee Charman

Everyone loves sweets, who doesn't?  After all, it's been proven that sugar stimulates the same brain chemical as drugs in that it gives you this high/satisfaction after it's consumed.

However, with sweets comes the danger of obesity, which our country has a huge problem with.








When I saw this book, I was intrigued by the title and the author's preface. Her premise is not to cut out all the fats/sugar but to use acceptable alternatives, like fruit puree along with minimal fat and sugar.

As I read through this book, I found the recipes to be easy and ingredients normal staples.  These are simple recipes but with outstanding results.

The only thing I wish the author would have added was amount of sugar content per serving, which I would find more helpful

Otherwise this book is a must have for those who want to indulge but without much of he guilt.

No comments :

Post a Comment