Wednesday, November 19, 2014

When Lions Roar - The Churchhills and the Kennedy's by Thomas Maier

If you are a history buff, this is a book you will love.  When I got this book, it came in a really large box.  I was wondering what was in this box and when I opened the box, I had to make sure I lifted with my legs, not my back due to the size of this book.


This book chronicles two of the most powerful families of the twentieth century, the Churchill's (of Winston Churchill fame) and the Kennedy's (of the John F. Kennedy's fame).  I concluded the reason for such heft for this book is because Thomas Maier did a great job researching and writing this book.  I could not believe the amount of detail information in this book and the fact that there was three pages dedicated to cast of characters and a small book for notes and biography at the end.  I give kudos to the author for a well researched book.

This books details both family history, how they intersected and their rise and fall.  There are details about sexual infidelity, politics and family events. At first it was captivating but the amount of information and detail eventually was too much for me.  I wasn't able to finish the book all the way through and skipped around until the end.

This is definitely a book for people who love history, especially during the 20th century when these two families were so powerful.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments :

Post a Comment